Trimble’s advanced 3D scanning systems
Capture data quickly and safely with immense detail and accuracy.
Scan with Confidence
Scan with the confidence and produce results you can trust. Whether you’re doing a topographic survey, capturing as-builts, performing comprehensive data analysis, new construction or a renovation model, Trimble empowers quick and accurate scanning, registration and creation of comprehensive deliverables.
A Versatile Scanning Portfolio
3D Laser Scanner
– High Dynamic Range EDM
– Speed: 500k/pps or166k/pps
– 360° x 282° FOV
– Point Spacing: 3.5-11.4mm@10m
– Scan Duration: 00:30 – 13:53 min:sec
– Number of Points/Scan: 11 – 124 million
Trimble Field Link software to capture, manage, and view scan data in the field.
Breakthrough technology for reliable data collection.
Constructible workflows focused on improving field productivity for the AEC industry.
Trimble X7 Instrument
Complete confidence in every scan with the industry’s first smart calibration system. No targets or user interaction required.
Industry’s first scanner to automatically level each scan with survey grade accuracy.
Trimble Registration Assist
Increase your field productivity with the industry’s most comprehensive automatic registration.
- Infield registration and georeferencing
- Manual placement
- View scan data, model, and layout points in the same file
- Section views, station views, and measurements
- Basic layout capability
- Export to CAD platforms
- Integrated laser pointer enables capture of project coordinates to align scan data
- Resect similar to RPT/RTS
- Reference manually to model
Scanning Applications for Building Construction
The Trimble X7 combined with Trimble Field Link can help you achieve a variety of tasks including:
- As-Built Verification
- Renovations and Tenant Improvement Projects
- Laser Layout
- Floor Flatness Verification
- Scan to BIM
- Prefabrication Skid QA/QC
- Precast Set Up Verification
- Post Tension Cable Verification
- Deformation of Concrete/Steel Beams and Columns
- Underground Utilities
- Facade Studies
- Create as-builts of industrial facilities for CAD modeling, plant revamp design, interference detection, and verification of fabricated components.
- The X7’s High Sensitivity scan mode ensures highly precise data capture in complex environments where black and highly reflective metals are present.
- The compact, lightweight design and custom backpack make it easy to transport and climb ladders to access elevated platforms.
- In-field registration confirms the area has been captured entirely, eliminating costly field rework for critical projects when plants are shut down.
- Scans can also be geo-referenced to a plant coordinate system to match perfectly with CAD design models by surveying plant monuments and targets scanned by the X7.
- RealWorks Target Based Registration can use the survey control file to automatically register the scans for export to plant design CAD software.
- Create as-built documentation for drawings or models for bridges, tunnels, dams, etc.
- Use scan information in clearance calculations, modeling, inspections, renovations, and expansion work.
- High- speed data capture reduces downtime for critical infrastructure projects.
- The compact, lightweight design makes it easy to transport and set up in a variety of environments.
- In-field registration allows users to verify that the scan data has been captured in its entirety, before returning to the office, reducing downtime and eliminating the need for multiple site visits.
Topographic/ General Surveys
- Capture features for land title surveys, including property boundaries, buildings, easements, site improvements, right-of-ways, encroaching elements, and complex structures.
- Assign labels to create scan groups and simplify the display of specific areas, and add annotations with pictures to document items of interest.
- Capture millions of data points in a fraction of the time it would take to capture significant features using traditional topographic survey methods.
- The X7’s compact, lightweight design make it easy to transport and set up, no matter the environment.